Monday, April 26, 2010

"Thank You" Notes

Gratitude is a spiritual discipline. I am more convinced of that than ever. Spiritual disciplines are often difficult to put into practice but the benefits are usually physical, emotional and spiritual. Each month we receive a report from Equip cataloging the financial donations that we have received for the previous month. The report lists each name and address so that we can send "Thank You" notes to our supporters. I have to admit that looking at that list of names makes me a bit overwhelmed to think of writing that many notes. I try to avoid it...not because I am ungrateful but because all I think about is the hand cramp that I will get while writing each note and the time that it will take to think of something sincere and original to feel each card with. If I am anything I am genuine. Genuinely narcissistic most of the time but genuine nonetheless...

The thing is that when I sit down to write these notes my heart begins to swell. It swells up with gratitude to our God who is so amazing to call and send us. It swells up with hope that God will complete the good work that He has begun. It swells with thanksgiving to all of you that are sacrificing to send us to Africa. It changes my outlook and eventually I find that the notes just roll off of my pen.

The discipline of gratitude leads to a heart of gratitude. Gratitude fosters gratitude.

So let this blog post be a giant "Thank You" note to all of you who are reading this blog. It humbles me that you would take time out of your day to read our ramblings on this corner of the web. Some of you will be receiving notes in the near future. Know that those notes are from sincerely grateful hearts. God is at work. What a gift to get to be a part of that work!

In Christ Alone,
Jessica (and Kyle)

1 comment:

  1. Your blog posts are always so encouraging and interesting. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our corner of the web! Leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!

~Kyle and Jessica Hoover

Related Posts with Thumbnails