Monday, March 8, 2010

Going viral...for real

This past weekend we had hoped for a wonderful weekend with our Church on a short retreat from Friday-Saturday. Well, it started out as exactly that, but unfortunately by 2:30 am on Saturday morning that plan began to fall apart. I will spare you all of the gory details, and say I (Jessica) got sick with a virus. The kind of sick that lands you in bed for several days moaning, groaning and contemplating making an addendum to your last will and testament. Don't you know it that I had just gotten done saying to myself on Thursday, "Man, I haven't been sick in a really long time. I am feeling super healthy!"...Insert old horror movie organ music here...because inevitably I got sick, nasty sick.

Kyle took me home after the morning session on Saturday. We were luckily only about a 1/2 hr. away from our house! I said to him when we got home "I hate being sick in an unfamiliar place" which then made me think about the journey ahead and how it is very likely that one or both of us could end up sick in a very unfamiliar place in the coming year. So if you are reading this, stop now and take a moment to pray that the Lord would protect our health as we make the journey to West Africa. We will be taking all the required shots and malaria pills, but Liberia is still Liberia so the chances of getting a nasty bug are somewhat likely. So all moms, grandmoms and aunts this is not a cue to worry but, a call to prayer.

Let me pause one moment though and brag about my wonderful husband who puts up with more than any of you know. I imagine it was a relief for him to go to work today. He has been patient, sweet and loving through my recent unpleasantness. He even made a valiant attempt to get me Thin Mints from the Girl Scouts only to find out there is not a single box of Thin Mints left in WNC. What a man...instead he got me some other Girl Scout cookie. Don't mistake me for being ungrateful. It is just that there are Thin Mints and then there are all other Girl Scout cookies.

I am feeling better now...weak, but better. I am anxious to be back at 100%. Most who know me know that I am not one to stay stationary for too long.

Liberia Update:
We are still waiting on our first finance report from Equip International. It should be in soon. We are continuing to plan speaking engagements so if you think that your Church, WMU group, Mission's committee, etc.. would be interested in the work that we will be doing in Liberia please let us know asap so that we can add them to our calendar!

We will keep the updates coming as we move through the end of the Winter and into the beauty of Spring. I think this Spring will be especially sweet for all of us!

Peace Folks,
Jessica (and Kyle)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting our corner of the web! Leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!

~Kyle and Jessica Hoover

Related Posts with Thumbnails