Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Grandpa

I never thought I’d come to Liberia and find a new Grandpa, but I have…meet Wilson Glee, a.k.a. Grandpa.

DSCN2738

Grandpa wandered into the EQUIP office long before Kyle and I got here, but he had been gone for a long time. Evidently a few threats from EQUIP’s Liberian staff sent him on his way (where, we don’t know because no one seems to know where he comes from or where he goes when he leaves). Rumor had it that he was a bit of a clepto, but I believe that a man can be reformed so I don’t mind if he hangs around…as long as I can keep a careful eye on his sticky fingers…Like literally his fingers are sticky…gross

He’s got some sweet dance moves, a voracious appetite and well, the name- He’s Grandpa. Here are a few shots of the fun we had with him in the office the other day. Unfortunately the perennially slow internet keeps me from uploading the carefully choreographed music video that Grandpa and I made.

DSCN2741

Cheesin’ with Carl

DSCN2739

Fuzzy self-portrait

Yes, that is what missionaries do in their spare time, make music videos with children named Grandpa. Stop me before this gets weird.

5 comments:

  1. Kyle and Jessica,
    WOW! God is right in there with you, so much in the small things. Say Hello to Grandpa for me from this Grandpa who lives in Florida, but I'm a lot, lot older. May God bless every little thing you do with his tremendous holds the Universe in has hand Love! This is the greatest time of your lives, sharing him with those he Loves.
    In Jesus, Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kid is so cute! You should keep him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like he had a good time

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our corner of the web! Leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!

~Kyle and Jessica Hoover

Related Posts with Thumbnails